Friday, June 06, 2008

Cairo, Egypt - Send in the MASH unit...again.


Looking down on Midan Talaat Harb.

I'm sick again.

This time I've got a big time fever and aching muscles. Whenever there's a fever I have to be concerned. Means the body is fighting an infection of some kind. It hit me like a rock at about 1900h last night. It's been a hot day but I've been burning up independent of the weather. I think I got the bug from Tomoko (Mimi). She too was ill. In fact, she's been bedridden for the last couple of days. Hopefully, I'll try to get some rest in the next couple of days.

Having said that, I worked a bit on the computer today. Seems like Egypt Air is the ceapest carrier out of here. That includes competition coming from so-called descount airlines like Arabia Airways. They even beat Yemeni Airways' fare for a ticket to Sanaa.

Also got my visa extention. The office, located in a humongous Soviet-style monolithic-like building on Midan Tahrir, was a bit daunting but the process was smooth (despite having to wait in multiple cues in multiple departments to get the job done).

On the same visa front, I'm going to visit the Syrian Embassy when I get better. I've heard mixed reports on the issuance of Syrian tourist visas. Apparently, I won't be able to obtain a visa anywhere but Ottawa. That's going to be difficult since I've been on the road for 8 months now. Makes me want to fly over them...

Out of Canuckistan: A travel blog, June 6/07
Bigtubofgoo.com
Buy Bubba a Beer Now!

No comments: