Sunday, November 20, 2005

chinooks, sunsets, LB and me...









i went geocaching with LB on saturday afternoon. geocaching is the "sport" of finding hidden treasures with a handheld gps (global positioning system) device. there are treasures all over the place; places you probably walk or bike by every day. it's fun and a good past time.

even a better time on saturday. it was so hot out with the chinook. we picked up a coke slurpee for me and ice tea big gulp for LB at the 130th Ave 7-11 and then spent the latter part of the day on the douglasdale ridge on the eastern flanks of fish creek park. mmm... slurpee...

we didn't find the geocaches we were looking for but we did take in the spectacular sunset though.

other news...

soapydave reported the gunning down of an innocent, endangered, dutch house sparrow last week. to show that the dutch people really do care about the poor little murdered ave and aren't a pack of postal workers, they've erected a tribute webpage. click here.

stay tuned for the resumption of the "mystery national park" photos.

8 comments:

soapyDave said...

stunning photos! chinooks are more than just hot air, eh?

crazy about the sparrow site...

Kyle said...

Great pictures. It looked like that out near us on Sunday too, unfortunately we were shopping at Signal Hill at the time and I didn't have my camera with me. By the time I got home, the sunset was gone... sigh.

dean said...

Amazing! I miss just watching the sunset/rise. I do get to see them in the mornings when I'm rushing to the bus stop and crossing the bridge to Canyon Meadows Station. You'll often see me turning my head back to see the magnificent spectacle as I hurry accross. I often wonder why aren't other people turning their heads?

Anonymous said...

Autumn says:
My guess for the National Park contest is posted below. The sky was so red in Kensington on Saturday that it looked like Armageddon!

bubba said...

dave, thanx. places like edmonton and other capital cities don't need chinooks for hot air. ya know what i mean...

bubba said...

kyle, i was lucky i was out that day with a camera. thanx!

bubba said...

dean, thanx! people are just in a hurry or not very observant. i think they have their priorities mixed up if they don't pay attention to the lil things in life like sunrises/sets...

bubba said...

autumn, it was surreal my friend. my little nephew was blown away by the sunset. couldn't stop talking about it.

good guess wrt the national park contest but nope. more clues to come (some pretty obvious ones).