Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bujagali Falls, Uganda... Still Here: Part 3



Well, one of the least likeable traits of mine is the inability to make a decision (I guess it's debatable in this case since I attribute this debacle to being burnt out). But, excuses aside, Father time and a looming visa expiration sometimes makes a decision for you. At that point, thinking for yourself becomes moot, a farce, a joke... By my calculations my Ugandan visa is kaput in seven days. There's no way I will renew. So, it's time to move on... It's time to meet new people.

Life here in ed. rock/bujagali falls creeps along. The days are hot. Everyday, the heat is broken by late day downpours, leading to comfortable cool evenings. The rain comes down in frightening sheets, turning the local roads into quagmires of mud and pools of runoff. Mosquitoes seem to have a minimal presence surprisingly.

My bro and mum phoned this morning. Good talking with them. Mum's expecting me to be home soon. I'm afraid with the route ahead of me that my return to Canada is tenuous at best. Until I secure my Sundanese visa, I'm not sure when I'll be home. Just as well. I'm not sure what I'd do there.

Out of Canuckistan, Feb 28/07
Bigtubofgoo.com
Buy Bubba a Beer Now!

No comments: