Friday, February 15, 2008

Kampala, Uganda - More monkey business...


monkeys, monkeys everywhere...especially the ubiquitous vervet monkeys (Chlorocebus pygerythrus)

Sometimes I really don't know what the hell I'm doing...

I failed to book a tour to Murchison Falls. It seems like a really popular spot. Chimps will have to wait till Trip 3, whenever that is.

I've decided to go rafting on the nile river this Saturday. Aaron, the friendly English bloke, wants to tag along.

The rapids on the Nile are legendary. Huge waves that eat naive little white peeps like me. It should be fun, sort of. I say that with a bit of apprehension. There's a part of me enjoys an adrenaline rush. There's another part that has seen the bright light at the end of the tunnel on another African river called the Zambezi.

How many times must I stare death in the face before I stop doing these things?

I'm gonna go to Jinja and do my best and have as much fun as possible. Yep, damn it's gonna be a rip roaring good time...even if i crap in my shorts.

No comments: