Sunday, March 09, 2008

Nairobi, Kenya, Days 4-7


One of the few postcards I sent home. There isn't a whole lotta selection. However, I think Kenyans and Africans in general have more important things (like disease and poverty) to worry about...

Yep, that's my lovely prose, eh...
Still alive and kickin'....not much happening other than I've been procuring equipment and books for the last few days. Yes, books! That's one of the best things about Nairobi: it's bookstores. I've bought 3 books since I got here. The latest book? Rich Dad Poor Dad... It's not my kind of read but what the hell. I hope it's not an Oprah book. That makes a total of 6 books (including 3 guidebooks) I'm hauling around. I really can't carry that much.

Good news: I managed to purchase a dense foam sleeping pad. I missed my yellow one so much (the one I sent home with Sal). It would have helped so much earlier on when I was hitching in the back of flat bed trucks.

Bad news: on the visa front, it appears the Sudanese visa won't be possible in Nairobi (unless you're a business person). I'll have to try Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) like I originally planned. It's a little stressful not being able to get it here. I'm not sure if obtainable in AA either.

Good news: I was able to get same day service at the Ethiopian embassy. I'm really excited about getting there.

Out of Canuckistan, Mar 9/07
Bigtubofgoo.com
Buy Bubba a Beer Now!

No comments: