Tuesday, January 16, 2007

big announcement...welcome to the 21st century...

hello my friends...

first, i'm still in lusaka. except for good internet access here, i find nothing really remarkable about this town (in fact, it's a bit of a shithole -- no insult intended to my zambian brothers). reminds me of nairobi. lots of people, mainly uneducated idiots, are calling me japan or china and making utterances that are suppose to be ramblings in japanese/chinese. i was shopping today with my new friend, jenny, from the netherlands/malaysia. she's chinese. she feels like killing these impersonators.

it's time to move on from this town. i'm breaking a security rule by staying at the bus station tonite in order to catch the 4 AM bus for mpulungma tomorrow. it's going to be a long night. i'll sleep on the bus tomorrow (the trip will take 12+ hours - could be a big +).

second, i've joined, temporarily, the 21st century. i bought a cell phone. for those interested, my zambian number (for the remaining 3 days i'm here) is +2609984472. 26 is the country code for zambia. send me a text message (i dunno how). or, if you're really brave, give me call. i'll be at the said bus station tonite. man, it's gonna be a lonely night...

4 comments:

soapyDave said...

wow - lusaka sounds like red deer!

i've tried texting you, we'll see what happens.

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone

Just in case some of you want to try to send a message (or even call), the number on the blog is incorrect. It should be +26099084472 and not +2609984472.

Anonymous said...

did you just call me chinese!!!!
I gonna kill u man!
u stranger!

: )

bubba said...

jenny is chinese and damn proud of it.