Saturday, May 29, 2010

2010 NHL Stanley Cup Final Prediction...Finally.


"March Towards Eternity" or "More Reasons to Hate the Western World"... Pic would make a good Far Side cartoon...

Wouldn't it be nice if they fit the entire NHL regular season into the time it takes to play its playoffs (in a couple of months?) and then have the top two teams play for the Stanley Cup in a best of seven series?

Wishful thinking on my part...but it would improve the on-ice product immensely. Guaranteed.

I'll get my head out of the clouds and make this year's most important (gag) and final (yeah!) prediction.

Philadelphia Flyers vs. Chicago Blackhawks...

Enough of the media hype: Captains Richards vs. Toews, Monsters Byfuglien vs Pronger, etc.

I'm up to here (my hand is one metre above my head) with the hype.

Weeks ago the prognostication for a series match up like this one would have been a no brainer. In essence it still is but for the fact that the Flyers steamrolled my beloved Habs. Damn the Flyers and damn Bobby Clarke and I may as well damn Bernie Parent (dunno why) for good measure.

Clearly, with the likes of Briere, Gagne, Richards, and Giroux they have the depth of talent to take on the Hawks. Plus, they're riding the coat tails of a pretty hot goalie.

Having said that, the Hawks still have the edge in talent. They just have too much speed, scoring, defense, and Jonathan Toews.

The Hawks have not had an exemplary record at Home.

For this reasons, it will be a closer series.

Henceforth, I predict the demise of the phenomenally fortunate Philly Flyers.

Blackhawks in 6.

No comments: